Bloom photos and other information here
- Mature height: 4 to 6 feet with a spread of 3 to 4 feet
- Light: Full sun; tolerates some afternoon shade
- Soil: Moist to wet
- Landscape uses: Tall plant for border areas, native plant gardens and along pond and stream banks
- Pair with: Obedient Plant, Hyssop Leaf Boneset
- Deer resistance: Moderate
- Spreads by rhizomes
Fun fact: Legend has it that Joe Pye was a colonial-era medicine man who used this plant to cure typhoid fever and bring an end to an epidemic in Massachusetts.
Joe Pye Weed
Pollinator value: Very high. Attracts various bee species, butterflies and more.
This low maintenance perennial produces showy clusters of fragrant pink to purple flowers that bloom from mid-summer to early fall.
Goes well with Obedient Plant, Hyssop Leaf Boneset, Black-Eyed Susan.