More photos and information here
- Mature height: 1 to 3 feet
- Light: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil: Moist
- Deer resistant: Yes
- Spread: aggressive
- Landscape uses: Naturalized areas, periphery of streams and ponds; makes great cut flowers
- Pair With: Sweet Joe Pye Weed, Sneezeweed, Wool Grass
- Fun Fact: Native to the Mid-Atlantic AND the West Indies
Pollinator value: Very High
Butterfly magnet. Attracts native bees and birds. Important nectar source for migrating butterflies.
Showy late-summer flowers look like a mist has descended on the meadow. Beautiful splash of blue among the tall grasses.