- Mature size: 6-9' high and wide
- Light: Best in part shade
- Soil: Moist, well drained; adapts to wet
- Blooms: White, May-June
- Landscape: Best when masses; also along shrub borders; ponds and streams
- Forms thickets
- More photos and information here
Dogwood, Red Osier/Red Twig
Pollinator value: Very High. Spring Azure larval host. Attracts waterfowl, marshbirds and shorebirds, mammals, birds and butterflies.
Clusters of creamy-white blossoms are followed by pea-sized white berries that last into fall. Colorful fall foliage and bright red twigs. Prune back in spring to encourage growth of new red twigs.