- Height: Small tree or shrub, 8-12 feet
- Light: Full sun to part shade
- Soil: Moist
- Bloom, White spring
- Fruit: Edible; fall to winter; two needed for fruit
- Foliage: Maple-like, red fall
- More information and native range here
Viburnum, American Cranberry Bush
Pollinator value: Very High
Fruit is tart but edible and high in Vitamin C (best in jams and jellies); provides winter food for songbirds, pheasants, etc.
Vase-shaped, caney shrub loaded with brilliant red late-summer fruits. Spring flowers have attractive bracts surrounding the fertile flowers. Three-season interest with red fruits and foliage.