- Mature Height: 20-30'; 25-30' spread
- Light: Full sun to part shade (Part shade is best in hot summer climates)
- Soil: Well drained; tolerates clay
- Resistance: Deer, Black Walnut
- Landscape: Good as a street tree, specimen under shade trees, woodland garden
- More photos and information here
Pollinator value: Very High. Attracts hummingbirds, butterflies; special value to native bees.
Stunning fuschia flowers decorate branches in early spring before the foliage, providing pollinators with critical early nectar. Provides nesting materials, and songbirds feed on the seeds.
Heart-shaped leaves in a pleasant lime- to mid-green color on arching branches turn yellow in fall. Brown seed pots provide early winter interest.