- Height: 2-3' tall, 3-4 feet wide
- Light: full sun to part shade. Best fruit in full sun
- Soil: Well drained
- Bloom: Pink summer, white waxy winter berries
- Foliage: Deciduous, blue-green
- Landscape: Native or pollinator garden, border, hedge, dry slope
- Resistance: Deer, clay, drought
- More nformation and native range here
Pollinator value: Very High
Butterflies and hummingbirds; larval host for numerous moth species. Small mammals eat the fruit.
White berries appear in fall and are long-lasting into winter. Best berries in full sun. Delicate pink summer flowers and attractive foliage.
Prune every few years to encourage more fruit set.