- Current Height: 4-10 feet
- Mature Height: 60-75 feet
- Growth Rate: Medium (18" per year)
- Light: Sun or shade
- Soil: Dry or moist
- Deer resistant: Low
- Landscape uses: Glorious landscape tree; brilliant fall foliage
- Fun fact: Best for maple syrup; also once used as a cough syrup :)
Pollinator value: High. Supports the Imperial Moth. Birds and small mammals eat the seeds and nest in the tree's cavities. Butterflies are attracted to the tree's nectar.
Dark green summer leaves turn brilliant shades of red, orange and yellow in the fall. Large tree with a spreading crown provides exceptional shade. No. 1 tree tapped for maple syrup.