- Mature height: 2-5 feet; 4-6' spread
- Light: full sun to part shade
- Soil: dry, well-drained; tolerates moist
- Good for a rain garden, native garden, slope and hard-to-grow areas.
- Resistance: Deer, drought, wet
- More photos and information here
Pollinator value: Medium. Larval host for the Gray Hairstreak butterfly and Apple Sphinx and other moth species. Beautiful, adaptable, deciduous shrub with olive to dark green leaves. Fragrant. Easily establishes, and colonizes, in most soil conditions.