- Mature height: 6-10 feet, 3- to 4-foot spread
- Bloom time: April to May, white
- Growing conditions: Prefers good drainage; adaptable to wet and drought.
- Light: Best in full sun; tolerates shade.
- Winner of the 2000 Pennsylvania Horticultural Society's Gold Medal Plant Award.
- More photos and information here
Photo: Andrey Zharkikh
Red Chokeberry 'Brilliantissima'
Glossy red berries and superior red fall color. Big fruit producer, glossy red berries through December. Good winter food for birds. Best planted in mass for borders and for soil stabilization near ponds or other wet areas.
Native substitute for the invasive Euonymus alata (burning bush).