- Mature size: 12 inches
- Light: Part to full shade
- Soil: Well-drained
- Bloom: May, white or pink; evergreen foliage
- Landscape: Ground cover, woodland garden, moist areas along ponds or streams
- Pair with: Columbine, Wood-Gold Poppy, Plaintainleaf Sedge
- Deer Resistance: Yes
- More photos and information here
Pollinator value: High; adult food, butterflies, native bees, beetles, wasps.
Star-shaped flowers appear on green stalks forming a dense array of blooms. Spreads quickly to form a thick groundcover. Leaves are semi-evergreen, occasionally turning bronze in the winter.