Techny arborvitae provides the same soft, dense dark-green foliage of the straight species but in a smaller size. And like the straight species, it's practically disease free.
Techny naturally grows in a pyramid-like shape, and it makes a great hedge, specimen or accent for a garden or other feature. Techny should be spaced approximately four to six feet apart for a hedge.
- Latin: Thuja occidentalis 'Techny'
- Current height: 3-5'
- Mature height: 10-15 feet; 6-8 foot spread
- Light: Full sun to part shade
- Soil: Moist, medium
- Foliage, Dark Green, evergreen
- Landscape: Hedge or specimen