- Height: 4 feet
- Light: Full sun to part shade
- Soil: Medium to wet
- Blooms: White with yellow center, late summer to frost
- Landscape: Meadow, native garden, patio garden, walkways, slopes, stream banks. Good in a rain garden
- Pair with: Joe Pye Weed, Swamp Milkweed, River Oats, Wool Grass
- Tolerates: Occasional flooding, deer
- Fun Fact: False Aster is not a true aster because of the bristles on its fruits.
- More photos and information here
Pollinator value: Very High; attracts Monarchs and other butterflies, moths, native bees and other pollinators. Seeds provide food for waterfowl.
Hundreds of white blooms appear on a single plant and continue blooming until frost. Most other late-flowering plants, like asters, are yellow or blue/purple.