- Mature height: 3-5 feet high and wide
- White blooms April-May; honey scented
- Excellent summer foliage and supurb fall color (yellow, orange, red--often on the same leaf)
- Light: Part-shade to full sun (best flowering in full sun)
- Soil: moist, well-drained
- Landscape: Specimen, flower garden (to enjoy the beautiful scent), hedge, foundation border
- More photos and information here
Fothergilla 'Mt. Airy'
Beautiful honey-scented, bottlebrush spring flowers give way to rich, green summer foliage and fall leaves ranging from yellow to red-purple. Attracts birds and butterflies and makes a great hedge. Mixes well with rhododendron and azalea.